AKA. The longest named cookies!!! LOL!
SOO… Tony did not really like these cookies. He said they were bland and not my best. But I brought what he didn’t eat into Strength Union… And everyone else seemed to enjoy them. They said that they were a nice little treat that didn’t make you feel like your teeth were going to fall out. LOL. Who knows if they were just trying to be nice to me or not.
But I did decide that if I make them again… I will drizzle melted chocolate on top of them instead of baking the chocolate chips into them. I figured that would at least give you a bit of chocolate in every bite!
I personally did not get to try them (sad face)… But they sure did smell delicious!!!!
Give them a try and let me know how you like them!
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free quick oats*
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter**
- 1/4 cup butter***, softened
- 1/3 cup coconut or brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips (I didn’t use healthy ones in my batch)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside
- In medium bowl combine oats, baking soda and salt.
- In large bowl of stand mixer or using electric hand mixer, beat together peanut butter and sugar for about 1 minute. Scrap down sides of bowl then beat in softened butter for another 30 seconds – 1 minute.
- Add in egg and beat slowly until combined; scrape down sides of bowl as needed.
- Add in bowl of dry ingredients beating on low speed until combined; mixture will be thick, not too soft like “normal” cookie dough.
- Add in mini chocolate chips and m&s; use large wooden spoon or rubber spatula to gently fold in, being careful not to break m&ms.
- Using medium cookie scoop (about 1.5 tablespoons) scoop dough and drop onto cookie sheet spacing evenly, shaping into even circle and flattening slightly with palm of hand (see pictures in post). Add more m&ms to tops of cookies if desired. These cookies won’t spread much, so you want to flatten them slightly.
- Bake cookies for 7-9 minutes. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
- Enjoy with your favorite person!
Copy Cat Recipe from