2 cups whole wheat white flour*
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
4 medium extra ripe bananas, 2 cups mashed very well
1/2 cup coconut sugar (or dry sweetener of choice)
2 large eggs
1/3 cup non-dairy milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
Chocolate chips are optional but will add extra calories (you can mix them in or add on top before baking)
- Preheat oven to 350F and adjust oven rack to lower (this will help your bread from browning too much on top). Spray 9×5 bread pan, or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add 2 cups very well mashed bananas and sugar, whisk until combined. Add in eggs, milk, and vanilla, whisk until completely smooth.
- Add wet ingredients to a large bowl of dry ingredients, gently folding in until JUST combined, the batter will be thick and heavy.
- Avoid over-working the batter, as that will result in a tough bread.
- Pour batter into prepared bread pan and bake for 40-50 minutes. Cover top of bread loosely with foil at 20 minutes, to avoid the top from getting too dark. Insert a toothpick into the middle of the bread, it should come out with little to no crumbs when done. Allow bread to cool completely before slicing.
Serving Size: 1 slice
Copycat recipe from https://www.fitmittenkitchen.com