- 1 cauliflower head, medium sized
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend (or mozzarella)
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup mini pepperoni
- 1/2 tbs Italian seasoning (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until the florets have broken down into crumbs, resembling a rice-like consistency. Transfer cauliflower rice to a microwavable bowl and loosely cover with a paper towel. Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Once the cauliflower rice has cooled, transfer to a dish cloth (you may want to do this in two batches) and squeeze out as much of the juice as possible. Transfer the dried cauliflower to another dry dish cloth and squeeze again to ensure you have gotten as much of the juice out as possible. Transfer the dried cauliflower to a bowl and mix in the egg, Parmesan cheese, and seasoning.
- Spray a mini cupcake pan with nonstick cooking spray and pour add a tablespoon of the mixture to each cavity. Use your thumb to press down into the middle to create a dip in each cauliflower base. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove pan from the oven and add some pizza sauce to each cauliflower base along with a little cheese and some mini pepperonis. Return to oven to bake for 10 minutes or until cheese has fully melted.
Copycat Recipe from http://www.itscheatdayeveryday.com/cauliflower-pizza-bites/